Monday, August 31, 2009

The Secret Bride: in the court of Henry VIII


I really enjoyed this book. It was very informative for me. While I have read quite a bit about Henry VIII, I knew nothing about his sister. I had focused my attention on his life, as it relates to his many wives. I had totally neglected his early life and his family relations other than just his children and wives.

I so enjoyed learning about Mary from the point of view of this author. This book also has made me interested in learning more about her and her story. I found the "details of 3 month marriage to the ailing King of France to be totally interesting and believable as written.

This book was so well written that I was totally immersed in the story. I was so worried about her and what would become of her. I would recomend this book to anyone, history buff or not.

No comments: