Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm glad I didn't buy this book- The Perfect Life by Robin Lee Hatcher


I am a great fan of Robin Lee Hatcher. I have read almost all of her books. I have missed some of her recent offerings. I was really impatient to read this book. I read the back cover and wanted to rush to the register with it.


I had like, a milion, books at home that I had to read. Some given to me by friends, some I had chosen. So, I decided to wait to read this book.


I sat down to read it not long ago and I have to say, I understood where she was trying to take us but I felt manipulated and preached to. I mean for me, this book felt like a long sermon. Fine, I understand that Christian novels have a point of view but please let me feel like I am immersed in a life and not just engaged in a morality lesson. While her charachters were given authentice reactions to the stimuli pressented. It felt so sterile, I couldn't connect with these charachters, which is demonstrated for me, by the fact that I read this book this week and I cannot remember the name of a single person.


I have to say, that I don't buy the ending of this book. It sounds wonderful but if you read it and think you know one person who would have done what the hero does, let me know. I don't by it



I love love love Hatcher but I didn't even like this book.

1 comment:

Hillari said...

Thanks for the comment on CocoaChildfree. I'm sorry to hear about the drama you're going through. Sadly, it's a story I've heard too often from female friends of mine who have experienced the same thing.