Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond.



This book promised to be riveting. The plot held me enthralled until I began reading.

As a mother I felt sorry for the heroine and the choices that she made. I could empathise with why she did what she did but as a Mom, I was also uncomfortable with what she did. I was frightened. The author did what she was supposed to do. She pulled me in and made me feel that what was happening could be real, she made me angry, fearful, sad. I did not feel manipulated. I felt like I was taking a journey and I had to know how it ended.

I have to say, that at times in the middle, even though I wanted to know what was going to happen, it was hard to stay attached. It became a little too introspective, I wanted to see movement and it did not move as quickly as I liked. I was impatient. I would try this author again. This was not one of my all time favorite books, but it did hold me. If I was grading this book it would be a solid B.

No comments: