Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Simple Jess, an old title that was new to me


I read about this book at another site and I just had to see what made so many people think it was so great.
I have read Pamela Morsi books before, one of the first Morsi reads for me was "Doing Good" that book made me laugh, cry and tell others about it, I also went out to get a few more of her books to add to my TBR pile ( which is really three plastic roller boxes underneath my bed). When I realized that she also wrote some romance novels years ago, I thought, hmmm maybe I'll see what those are like. One of them made me so angry that I literally chucked it in the garbage. It just made me feel good!

However, Simple Jess is insightful and interesting. It will make you turn the pages. There were times, when as a woman, I was so infuriated by how the widow, Althea Winslow was treated that wanted to scream. However, the writing was so good that I believed it, I believed this could really happend and I believed in the feelings that each character was feeling. I have to say that at the end of this book I felt cheated, when I read a romance novel, I expect the end of the novel to be about the two main characters. I want to see the novel resolve itself with them. Not with two secondary character. Even having said that, this book is definitely a keeper, if you can find it. It took me a while.

No comments: