Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst


This was very interesting.

I did feel, at times, that the author clearly had a real agenda. I generally don't like novels where authors are trying to preach to me, as opposed to allowing me to learn what I feel I need from their work.

However, this book was compelling. I found that I hated to see any of the contestants eliminated. I was interested in most of their stories. I wanted to know who these people were going to be. The contestants came to the show to supposedly, to try to win a million dollars. However, it seems that many of them are really here because the universe needs for them to come to grips with issues in their life. Watching the contestants lives unfold or unravel, is better than I can really describe let me just say, that while I was impatient to see how the book would end, I also hated to come to the end of my time with these characters. I liked them, no matter how flawed they were.

No comments: